Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedENE 2 G 3 MPH
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
TOWER FALLS RANGER STATION AT YELLOWSTONE NP (TFAW4)
Lat: 44.91694°N Lon: 110.42056°W Elev: 6266ft.
9 Miles SW Silver Gate MT
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 42. West southwest wind around 8 mph.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 11. Wind chill values as low as zero. South wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 37. Wind chill values as low as zero. South southwest wind 7 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 11. Wind chill values as low as zero. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 41. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west southwest 12 to 17 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow before midnight, then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 14 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday A slight chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Yellowstone National Park, WY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE