Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
- Wind SpeedW 12 G 21 mph
- Barometer30.30 in
- Dewpoint8°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Franklin County State Airport (KFSO)
Lat: 44.94 Lon: -73.1 Elev: 228ft.
5 Miles NW Swanton VT
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. West wind around 15 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. West wind 7 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. West wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly after 5am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 18. Light northeast wind becoming east 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Snow before 1pm, then rain likely. High near 37. Southeast wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain showers before 9pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 9pm and 1am, then a chance of snow showers after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. South wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 31. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 25. West wind 11 to 14 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. West wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 21. West wind around 7 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Franklin, VT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE