Unsettled weather expected across parts of New England, central Plains and West
Three separate weather systems will bring unsettled weather to various parts of the country on Wed. A coastal system is spreading snow & freezing rain into northern New England. In the central US, heavy snow is expected for parts of the central Plains & mid-Miss. Valley. Meanwhile, a system moving onshore along the Pacific Coast will bring rain and mountain snow to Calif. & the Intermountain West.
South Manitou Island MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:07 pm EST Dec 17, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9pm EST Dec 17, 2014-6pm EST Dec 24, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OF 29.8 INCHES OVER SOUTHERN ONTARIO WILL
BE ABSORBED BY STRONGER LOW PRESSURE OF 29.5 INCHES MOVING NORTH
ALONG THE NEW ENGLAND COAST THIS EVENING. THIS LOW WILL DEEPEN TO
29.3 INCHES AS IT SLOWLY LIFTS NORTHEAST TONIGHT AND THURSDAY.
HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.4 INCHES EXTENDS FROM MANITOBA THROUGH THE
LOWER MISSISSIPPI VALLEY AND WILL SLOWLY BUILD EAST ACROSS THE
GREAT LAKES REGION THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. THIS HIGH WILL CONTINUE
SLOWLY MOVING EAST ACROSS NEW ENGLAND THIS WEEKEND WHILE LOW
PRESSURE OF 29.5 INCHES DROPS OUT OF THE NORTHERN ROCKIES AND
MOVES OUT OVER THE NORTHERN PLAINS. THE LOW IS EXPECTED TO TRACK
ACROSS THE NORTHERN PLAINS TO THE UPPER MISSISSIPPI VALLEY BY
- Tonight N wind 15 to 20 kt. Frequent snow showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NNE wind 5 to 15 kt. A chance of flurries before 10am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday S wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night S wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE