Severe weather possible for parts of eastern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon & evening across parts of the Ohio Valley, Appalachians & eastern Great Lakes, from eastern Kentucky northeastward to central New York. The main threat will be strong, damaging wind gusts. Isolated strong to severe storms will also be possible across parts of the southern Plains & lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
31NM WSW Northport MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:53 am CDT Sep 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10am CDT Sep 2, 2014-6pm CDT Sep 8, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OF 29.1 INCHES ACROSS HUDSON BAY WILL
MOVE FURTHER NORTHEAST AWAY FROM THE GREAT LAKES. THE COLD FRONT
THAT PASSED THE LAKE VERY EARLY THIS MORNING WILL DISSIPATE...WITH
WEAK HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.1 INCHES MOVING ACROSS THE OHIO RIVER
VALLEY TONIGHT. LOW PRESSURE OF 29.6 INCHES WILL ENTER THE
NORTHERN PLAINS ON THURSDAY MORNING AND MOVE TO JUST NORTH OF THE
GREAT LAKES BY THURSDAY NIGHT WHILE DEEPENING TO 29.4 INCHES. THIS
WILL STEER A STRONG COLD FRONT DOWN THE LAKE DURING FRIDAY. HIGH
PRESSURE OF 30.2 INCHES WILL THEN BUILD ACROSS THE REGION BY
- Today SW wind 10 to 15 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night S wind around 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SSW wind 15 to 20 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SSW wind 15 to 20 kt becoming W after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday WNW wind around 15 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. A slight chance of showers before 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night N wind 15 to 20 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday N wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE