Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 16 MPH
- Barometer29.98 in (1015.4 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
McMinnville, McMinnville Municipal Airport (KMMV)
Lat: 45.19611 Lon: -123.13222 Elev: 157ft.
Mcminnville Municipal Airport OR
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 20. Blustery, with a north northeast wind around 23 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
- Tonight A 10 percent chance of snow before 7pm. Patchy freezing fog after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -10. Blustery, with a northeast wind 22 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph.
- Saturday Patchy freezing fog before 10am. Sunny, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as -8. North northeast wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7. Northwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. West southwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain or freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday A chance of rain, snow, and freezing rain. Cloudy, with a high near 38.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Thursday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Thursday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Friday Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Central Willamette Valley, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE