Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Mod Snow, Freezing Fog
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.18 in (1022.5 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility0.50 mi
Current conditions at
The Dalles, Columbia Gorge Regional / The Dalles Municipal Airport (KDLS)
Lat: 45.61861 Lon: -121.16722 Elev: 246ft.
The Dalles OR
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Northeast wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 21. East wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7. Light south wind.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 11. Light and variable wind.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Thursday A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Thursday Night A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Friday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Columbia River Gorge of Washington, WA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE