Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedESE 3 G 5 MPH
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
I-5 @ Paradise Point (TPARA)
Lat: 45.8715 Lon: -122.7099 Elev: 49ft.
3 Miles S Columbia City OR
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Areas of freezing fog. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Light east southeast wind.
- Thursday A slight chance of freezing rain before 10am, then rain likely, possibly mixed with freezing rain between 10am and 1pm, then rain after 1pm. Areas of freezing fog before 10am. High near 37. South southeast wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Showers. Low around 35. Southeast wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday A 50 percent chance of showers, mainly before 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 43. East southeast wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of showers before 10pm. Areas of fog after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Calm wind.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 44.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Monday A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Wednesday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lower Columbia, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE