Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
Current conditions at
SPENCER MEADOW (SPMW1)
Lat: 46.18 Lon: -121.93 Elev: 3400ft.
6 Miles ESE Mount St Helens WA
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 10am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Windy, with an east wind around 31 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -8. Breezy, with an east wind 23 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -7. East northeast wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as zero. Light northeast wind.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 24. Light east northeast wind.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Wednesday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 34.
- Wednesday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Thursday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for South Washington Cascades, WA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE