Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
Current conditions at
Coldwater Ridge-Mt St Helens (MSH32)
Lat: 46.3 Lon: -122.26 Elev: 3199ft.
2 Miles ENE Mount St Helens WA
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy early, then gradual clearing, with a temperature rising to near 18 by noon, then falling to around 14 during the remainder of the day. Wind chill values as low as -1. East wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -18. East wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 14. Wind chill values as low as -17. East northeast wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -3. North wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 22. North wind around 6 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 27.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Thursday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for South Washington Cascades, WA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE