Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNA
Current conditions at
Coldwater Ridge-Mt St Helens (MSH32)
Lat: 46.3 Lon: -122.26 Elev: 3199ft.
4 Miles NNW Mount St Helens WA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Southeast wind around 8 mph.
- Thursday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 37. South southeast wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday Night Snow before 10pm, then rain. Low around 32. South wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Friday Showers likely, mainly before 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Southwest wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly before 10pm. Cloudy, with a low around 33. West wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
- Saturday Cloudy, with a high near 39.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 38.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Monday A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Wednesday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for South Washington Cascades, WA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE