Major Winter Storm Moves into Upper Midwest and Central Rockies
The major winter storm that has been affecting the northern Rockies & Plains has moved into the Upper Midwest & central Rockies where a foot or more of snow is forecast for some locations Wed. into Thur. Freezing rain is also possible for parts of the Great Lakes. Meanwhile bitterly cold air will persist across the western U.S. with highs on Wed. only reaching the single digits in some locations.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Snow Freezing Fog
- Wind SpeedN 9 mph
- Barometer29.56 in (1002.8 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility0.50 mi
- Wind Chill14°F (-10°C)
Current conditions at
Brainerd-Crow Wing County Regional Airport (KBRD)
Lat: 46.4 Lon: -94.13 Elev: 1227ft.
East Gull Lake MN
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 26. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow before midnight, then patchy blowing snow and a chance of snow between midnight and 3am, then snow likely with patchy blowing snow after 3am. Low around 4. North wind around 15 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Thursday Scattered flurries before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 7. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12. Wind chill values between -20 and -30. West wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 4. West wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -17.
- Saturday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -2.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -15.
- Sunday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 7.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Monday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 4.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -15.
- Tuesday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -2.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for South Cass, MN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE