Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedENE 8 MPH
- Barometer30.22 in (1026.5 mb)
- Dewpoint4°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill0°F (-18°C)
Current conditions at
Ellensburg, Ellensburg Bowers Field (KELN)
Lat: 47.03377 Lon: -120.53132 Elev: 1745ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. Wind chill values as low as -2. North wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -4. Northwest wind 8 to 16 mph becoming southeast in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2. Wind chill values as low as -18. North wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 17. Wind chill values as low as -18. North wind 6 to 9 mph becoming northeast in the morning.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 1. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming east in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Snow and freezing rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Thursday Freezing rain likely, possibly mixed with snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kittitas Valley, WA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE