Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 12 G 29 MPH
- Barometer30.11 in (1020.0 mb)
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Tacoma, Tacoma Narrows Airport (KTIW)
Lat: 47.26750 Lon: -122.57611 Elev: 315ft.
3 Miles W Gig Harbor WA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 21. Northeast wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 27. North northeast wind around 8 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Calm wind.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 29. South wind around 5 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Calm wind.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 31. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 36.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Wednesday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 41.
- Wednesday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Thursday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 42.
- Thursday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Friday Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Tacoma Area, WA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE