Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 7 mph
- Barometer30.13 in
- Dewpoint-8°F (-22°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-13°F (-25°C)
Current conditions at
Eveleth Municipal Automatic Weather Observing (KEVM)
Lat: 47.41 Lon: -92.5 Elev: 1381ft.
12 Miles E Makinen MN
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly cloudy, with a high near 8. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow before 8am. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 0. North wind around 5 mph.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Saturday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 11. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Sunday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 3.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 17.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 18.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 14.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Central St. Louis, MN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE