Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 9 mph
- Barometer30.38 in
- Dewpoint-15°F (-26°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-22°F (-30°C)
Current conditions at
Ely Municipal Automatic Weather Observing / Report (KELO)
Lat: 47.91 Lon: -91.82 Elev: 1493ft.
7 Miles NNW Ely MN
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -5. Wind chill values between -20 and -25. West wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -24. Wind chill values between -25 and -30. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 6. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around -3. South wind around 5 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday A 20 percent chance of snow before noon. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 5. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Monday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -13.
- Tuesday A chance of snow, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near -1.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -19.
- Wednesday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -4.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 7.
- Thursday Night A slight chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 10.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for North St. Louis, MN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE