Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 6 mph
- Barometer30.04 in
- Dewpoint-2°F (-19°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill-1°F (-18°C)
Current conditions at
Grand Marais/Cook County Airport (KCKC)
Lat: 47.84°N Lon: 90.38°W Elev: 1657ft.
20 Miles NW Grand Marais/Cook County Airport MN
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 20 percent chance of snow showers after 3pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 16. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly after 1am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 3. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A 30 percent chance of snow before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 38. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night A chance of rain and snow before 1am, then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 37. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 15.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1.
- Monday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Cook/Northern Lake, MN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE