Severe weather continues to be forecast for much of the weekend across the southern U.S.
Severe weather is possible on Saturday from southwest Texas to the central Gulf Coast. Primary threats are damaging wind gusts and a tornado or two. On Sunday, a similar risk exists from the western Gulf Coast states across the Southeast to the coastal Carolinas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
43NM NE Port Angeles WA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM PST THIS EVENING...
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WILL REACH THE COAST LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND
THEN CROSS THE INLAND WATERS EARLY THIS EVENING. STRONG
SOUTHERLIES PRECEDE THE FRONT...THEN A SHIFT TO WESTERLY ONSHORE
FLOW IS EXPECTED FOLLOWING THE FRONT. ANOTHER SYSTEM WILL CROSS
THE WATERS ON SUNDAY MORNING.
- Tonight SSW wind around 15 kt becoming W after midnight. Showers likely, mainly before 10pm. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Saturday WSW wind 9 to 11 kt. A chance of showers. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night WSW wind around 10 kt becoming SSE after midnight. A chance of showers. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Sunday SSE wind 15 to 19 kt becoming WSW in the morning. Rain likely. Wind waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night WSW wind 8 to 12 kt becoming SE after midnight. A chance of showers. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Monday SSE wind around 12 kt. A chance of rain. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind 8 to 13 kt. Rain likely. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday S wind around 8 kt becoming SW in the morning. A chance of rain. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming ESE 7 to 12 kt in the evening. A chance of rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE