Nor'easter to impact East Coast Thanksgiving travel
An active weather pattern is shaping up across the eastern U.S. as a nor'easter continues to be forecast to move up the East Coast through early Thursday. This storm will bring precipitation up and down the coast, mostly in the form of rain along coastal areas, with snow expected farther inland. These conditions are expected to impact Thanksgiving travel conditions on Wednesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
43NM NE Port Angeles WA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM PST THIS EVENING
- SynopsisA FRONT OVER CENTRAL PUGET SOUND THIS AFTERNOON WILL MOVE
NORTH INTO BRITISH COLUMBIA TONIGHT. A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE EAST
THROUGH THE WATERS WEDNESDAY. ANOTHER COLD FRONT WILL MOVE SOUTH
FROM THE INTERIOR OF BRITISH COLUMBIA ON FRIDAY. STRONG OFFSHORE
FLOW AND FRASER OUTFLOW MAY DEVELOP BEHIND THE FRONT FRIDAY.
- Tonight Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 7 kt after midnight. Rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SSE wind 6 to 9 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Rain likely, mainly after 4pm. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night S wind 20 to 25 kt decreasing to 13 to 18 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 33 kt. Rain. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW 13 to 18 kt in the morning. Rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less building to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NNW 5 to 10 kt in the evening. Rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday NNW wind 10 to 13 kt becoming NNE in the morning. Mostly sunny. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night NNE wind 17 to 19 kt. Partly cloudy. Wind waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday NNE wind 15 to 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Wind waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind around 12 kt. Partly cloudy. Wind waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE