Winter storm to bring heavy snow from the Plains to New England through Monday
A storm system in the central U.S. will push east setting the stage for a widespread precipitation event across the central and eastern U.S. through Monday. A wide swath of accumulating snow is forecast from Nebraska to New England. Just to the south of this area of snow, freezing rain is possible. Gusty winds and blowing snow could lead to blizzard conditions for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
31NM NNE Port Angeles WA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
INLAND WATERS OF WESTERN WASHINGTON AND THE NORTHERN AND CENTRAL
WASHINGTON COASTAL WATERS INCLUDING THE OLYMPIC COAST NATIONAL
- SynopsisA WEAK FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH THE COASTAL WATERS OF
WESTERN WASHINGTON THIS MORNING AND THEN INLAND THIS AFTERNOON. A
NEGATIVELY TILTED FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH THE AREA MON AFTERNOON AND
EVENING. WEAK HIGH PRES WILL BE OVER THE REGION TUE AND WED...AND A
STRONGER FRONTAL SYSTEM WILL ARRIVE THU.
- This Afternoon SE wind around 12 kt. Rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SSW wind around 8 kt becoming SSE after midnight. A chance of showers. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday ESE wind 9 to 14 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 10am. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW 5 to 10 kt in the evening. A chance of showers. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday S wind 7 to 10 kt. A chance of showers. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SSW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. A chance of showers. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SE wind 9 to 12 kt. Rain likely. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE