Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest and New England
Two developing storm systems will continue to bring heavy rain to opposite coasts of the U.S. on Thursday. One system is affecting the Pacific Northwest and northern California while the other affects New England. There is a risk of flash flooding across parts of New England on Thursday where Flash Flood Watches are in effect.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:20 pm AKDT Oct 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 1am AKDT Oct 23, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE EASTERN BERING SEA MOVES EAST AND WEAKENS
TONIGHT. A WEATHER FRONT OVER THE WESTERN BERING SEA WILL MOVE
INTO THE EASTERN BERING SEA THU THEN INLAND FRI.
- Overnight WNW wind around 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday WSW wind around 10 kt. Patchy fog between 7am and 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night WSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSW in the morning. Showers likely, mainly before 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE