Severe weather possible for parts of central, northern Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central and northern Plains, from northeastern Nebraska across parts of eastern and northern South Dakota. Large hail will be the main risk, though a tornado or two is possible, as well.
1NM W Unalaska AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:29 am AKDT Sep 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7am AKDT Sep 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE EASTERN BERING SEA WILL MOVE SLOWLY NORTH
AND EAST THROUGH WEDNESDAY. A 994 MB LOW 530 NM SOUTHEAST OF ADAK
WILL MOVE TO 380 NM SOUTHEAST OF SAND POINT AT 987 MB EARLY
THURSDAY MORNING. A 990 MB LOW IN THE NORTHWEST PACIFIC WILL MOVE
TO 460 NM WEST OF SHEMYA AT 979 MB BY WEDNESDAY
AFTERNOON...BECOMING STATIONARY AND WEAKENING TO 992 MB EARLY
- Today E wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. A slight chance of rain after 1pm. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight E wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. A slight chance of rain before 1am. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday ENE wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NNE wind around 15 kt. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday N wind around 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night N wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday N wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE