Winter weather forecast in Northeast, Four Corners region
Snow will continue Friday in the Northeast as a clipper system moves across the region. This will be nothing like the recent nor'easter that brought up to three feet of snow to parts of the Northeast, as snowfall totals will generally be six inches or less, with the exception of Maine where up to a foot is possible. Meanwhile, snow is forecast for the Four Corners region through the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:00 am AKST Jan 29, 2015
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKST Jan 29, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 4, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE NORTHERN AND CENTRAL BERING SEA WILL
PERSIST THROUGH SAT. A FRONT OVER THE SOUTHEAST BERING SEA WILL
DISSIPATE LATE FRI. ANOTHER FRONT FROM THE NORTH PACIFIC WILL
APPROACH THE ALASKA PENINSULA SAT.
- This Afternoon NNE wind around 30 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NNE wind 25 to 30 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NNE wind 20 to 25 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NNE wind around 20 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NNE wind 20 to 25 kt. A chance of rain after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NNE wind 15 to 20 kt. Scattered showers before midnight, then a chance of rain after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NNE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night N wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday N wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE