Calm, but cold conditions move into eastern, southern U.S. behind storm
The late-season winter storm that brought snow and ice to parts of the eastern and southern U.S. has moved offshore and in its wake high pressure and arctic air will settle in. Temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal on Friday across these regions. Meanwhile, light snow showers are possible across parts of the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes.
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:20 am AKST Mar 6, 2015
Forecast Valid: 12pm AKST Mar 6, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 12, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 983 MB LOW 400 NM NORTH OF ATTU WILL MOVE TO 190 NM WEST OF
DALL POINT AT 986 MB LATE TONIGHT BEFORE MOVING INLAND SAT MORNING
AND DISSIPATING. THE ASSOCIATED WEATHER FRONT OVER THE EASTERN
BERING SEA WILL MOVE INLAND THIS MORNING.
- This Afternoon SW wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight W wind around 15 kt. A chance of showers before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday WNW wind around 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NW wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NNW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NNE after midnight. A chance of snow showers after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NNE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NNE wind around 15 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NNE wind around 20 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE