Significant threat for flash flooding continues across the southwestern U.S.; river flooding is also possible
Heavy precipitation continues to be forecast for much of the Southwest U.S. due to the remnants of Odile. The heaviest rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall through Friday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash flooding, as well as river flooding, will be a risk for many locations in this region.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
1NM W Unalaska AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:28 pm AKDT Sep 17, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKDT Sep 17, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 24, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 985 MB LOW NEAR PILOT POINT WILL GET ABSORBED INTO A 973 MB LOW
IN THE GULF OF ALASKA THU. HIGH PRESSURE IN THE WESTERN BERING SEA
WILL MOVE INTO THE CENTRAL BERING FRI AFTERNOON. A WEATHER FRONT
WILL APPROACH THE WESTERN ALEUTIANS FRI AFTERNOON.
- Tonight WNW wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NW wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NW wind 15 to 20 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind around 20 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NNW wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE