Snow winding down in the Northeast; heavy rainfall in the Northwest
Happy Thanksgiving! Conditions will continue to improve throughout Thanksgiving Day across New England as the nor'easter moves away from the coast. Meanwhile, the Pacific Northwest will remain wet due to a series of Pacific storm systems. Flood Watches remain in effect for parts of Washington state through Friday.
1NM W Unalaska AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:21 am AKST Nov 27, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am AKST Nov 27, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 3, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 983 MB LOW 250 NM W OF SAINT PAUL WILL MOVE TO 160 NM W OF SAINT
MATTHEW ISLAND AT 986 MB THU EVENING AND THEN MOVE OVER NORTHEAST
RUSSIA WHILE WEAKENING TO 1005 MB BY LATE FRI NIGHT.
- Thanksgiving Day SSW wind 15 to 20 kt. Showers, mainly before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight S wind 5 to 15 kt. Scattered showers before midnight, then rain likely after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday WSW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Rain likely, mainly before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night WNW wind 5 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind 5 to 15 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSE wind 20 to 25 kt increasing to 25 to 30 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 45 kt. Rain. Patchy fog after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SSE wind 30 to 35 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night S wind 20 to 25 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SSW wind 20 to 25 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE