A Moderate Risk of Severe Thunderstorms is Forecast This Evening and Tonight
Damaging winds and large hail are likely from North Dakota into western and northern Minnesota this evening into tonight. Some wind gusts could be particularly damaging. Storms are also possible over the Texas panhandle and the Carolinas.
1NM W Unalaska AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:36 pm AKDT Jul 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2am AKDT Jul 22, 2014-6pm AKDT Jul 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN OVER THE WESTERN BERING SEA THROUGH WED
AFTERNOON. A 1015 MB LOW NEAR ATKA WILL DISSIPATE THIS EVENING.
- Overnight SSW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday WSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night W wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday W wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night W wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday WNW wind 10 to 15 kt. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night WNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE