More heavy rain and mountain snow in the Pacific Northwest on Saturday
Active weather will persist in the Pacific Northwest on Saturday. The hardest hit areas will likely be from the northern California coastline to eastern Washington as rainfall totals will range from 1 to 4 inches. In the higher elevations, precipitation will fall as snow with the some mountain peaks receiving up to a foot.
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:20 pm AKST Dec 19, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9pm AKST Dec 19, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 26, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 965 MB LOW 140 NM SOUTHEAST OF ADAK WILL STEADILY
WEAKEN TO 993 MB 180 NM SOUTHEAST OF COLD BAY SUN AFTERNOON.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night N wind 5 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday N wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain showers likely before noon, then rain and snow showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NNW wind around 20 kt. Scattered rain and snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Scattered rain and snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SSE wind 10 to 20 kt. A chance of rain and snow before midnight, then a chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SSE wind around 25 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SSW wind around 20 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE