Unsettled weather expected across parts of New England, central Plains and West
Three separate weather systems will bring unsettled weather to various parts of the country on Wed. A coastal system is spreading snow & freezing rain into northern New England. In the central US, heavy snow is expected for parts of the central Plains & mid-Miss. Valley. Meanwhile, a system moving onshore along the Pacific Coast will bring rain and mountain snow to Calif. & the Intermountain West.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
16NM NNE Tree Point Light AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:26 am AKST Dec 17, 2014
Forecast Valid: 1pm AKST Dec 17, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 23, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL DISSIPATE OVER THE SOUTHEASTERN
GULF THIS AFTERNOON. A STORM FORCE LOW AND ASSOCIATED FRONTAL
BOUNDARY WILL THEN ENTER THE SOUTHERN GULF ON THURSDAY.
- This Afternoon E wind around 15 kt. Isolated showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight E wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of rain and snow before midnight, then a chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday ENE wind around 20 kt. Rain, mainly after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE