Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region on Friday and into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
24NM NE Tree Point Light AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:54 am AKDT Oct 31, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am AKDT Oct 31, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA FRONTAL BOUNDARY ASSOCIATED WITH LOW PRESSURE OVER THE BERING
SEA WILL MOVE ACROSS THE GULF FRIDAY NIGHT...AND THEN ENTER THE
PANHANDLE SATURDAY MORNING.
- Today S wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NE in the evening. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SW in the morning. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind around 10 kt becoming NE in the afternoon. Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE