Powerful nor'easter continues to affect areas across Northeast
The powerful nor'easter that brought moderate to heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions to the Northeast on Monday will continue to affect the region on Tuesday, with heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected from eastern Long Island to Maine as the system slowly moves to the northeast. Snow and strong winds will being tapering off from south to north Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
16NM NNE Tree Point Light AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:01 am AKST Jan 27, 2015
Forecast Valid: 9am AKST Jan 27, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 2, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEATHER SYSTEM AND ITS ASSOCIATED FRONTAL BAND WILL MOVE INTO
THE WESTERN GULF OF ALASKA TUESDAY AND THE FRONT WILL APPROACH
SOUTHEAST ALASKA PANHANDLE TUESDAY NIGHT.
- Today SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers, mainly before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday ESE wind around 10 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE in the evening. A chance of rain before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NE wind around 20 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE