Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest
A series of storm systems will bring several rounds of rain to the Pacific Northwest and northern California over the next several days. Heavy rain, high winds and thunderstorms are expected, especially along the coast. Meanwhile, rain and gusty winds will taper off across New England as the coastal low that has been affecting that area moves offshore.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
14NM WNW Metlakatla AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:57 am AKDT Oct 24, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6am AKDT Oct 24, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 30, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW ABOUT 150NM W OF HAIDA GWAII WILL REMAIN NEARLY STATIONARY
THROUGH SAT THEN WEAKEN AND MOVE S. A WEAK BROAD TROUGH OF LOW
PRESSURE WILL EXTEND FROM THE LOW TO THE NW OVER THE GULF OF AK
AND NE PACIFIC THROUGH EARLY SAT.
- Today SE wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Showers. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 15 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Saturday SE wind around 15 kt becoming ENE in the afternoon. Scattered showers, mainly before 7am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night N wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday SE wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE