The flash flooding threat will begin moving east out of the Plains into the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes on Thursday
Flash flooding will continue to be possible on Thursday but will begin moving out of the central and northern Plains. The area of concern will be the Upper Midwest edging into the the eastern Great Lakes region. 1 to 2 inches of rainfall will be possible into Friday.
14NM WNW Metlakatla AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:12 pm AKDT Aug 27, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6pm AKDT Aug 27, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 3, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE PANHANDLE WILL PERSIST BUT
SHARPEN AS A LOW CROSSING THE ALASKA PENINSULA PUSHES INTO THE
CENTRAL GULF BY THU.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers before 7pm. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after 1pm. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 20 kt. Rain, mainly after 7pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely, mainly before 7am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE after midnight. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE