Significant threat for flash flooding continues across the southwestern U.S.
Heavy precipitation continues to be forecast for much of the Southwest U.S. this week due to the remnants of weakening Tropical Storm Odile. The heavy rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall through Friday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash Flood Watches remain in effect for much of this area.
14NM WNW Metlakatla AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:43 am AKDT Sep 17, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10am AKDT Sep 17, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 23, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE EASTERN GULF WILL WEAKEN WED AS A NEW
FRONT MOVES IN FROM THE WEST. A GALE FORCE LOW WILL DEVELOP TO
975 MB OVER THE CENTRAL GULF ON THU WITH THE ASSOCIATED FRONT
MOVING ONTO THE EASTERN GULF COAST EARLY FRI.
- Today SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain, mainly before 1pm. Areas of fog before 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after 7pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday SE wind 25 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday SE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain likely. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE