Winter weather forecast for Rockies and southern Plains
A developing storm system will bring snow to parts of the Rockies and southern Plains on Friday, which will move into the central U.S. on Saturday. Freezing rain is also forecast from Texas to the mid-Mississippi Valley and into the Carolinas. Meanwhile, temperatures will be 20-40 degrees below normal across parts of the central and southern U.S. on Friday.
8NM WNW Metlakatla AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 11:43 am AKST Feb 27, 2015
Forecast Valid: 1pm AKST Feb 27, 2015-6pm AKST Mar 5, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE ALONG THE OUTER PANHANDLE COAST WILL
DISSIPATE THROUGH FRI NIGHT AS HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE GULF EXPANDS
EASTWARD. A DEVELOPING LOW IN THE NORTHERN GULF ON SAT WILL MOVE SE
ACROSS THE EASTERN GULF AND PANHANDLE THROUGH SUN NIGHT.
- This Afternoon NW wind around 15 kt. Sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight NW wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday NW wind 5 to 15 kt becoming SE in the morning. Rain likely. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night NW wind around 15 kt becoming SE after midnight. A chance of rain before midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE