Oppressive heat and humidity building into the central and southeast U.S.
A heat wave is building into parts of the central and southeast U.S. this week. The combination of heat and humidity will lead to dangerous heat indices, especially in parts of the central Mississippi River Valley where an Excessive Heat Warning is in effect. Heat Advisories are in effect elsewhere across the region. Relief is not expected for several days.
14NM WNW Metlakatla AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:19 pm AKDT Aug 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7pm AKDT Aug 20, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE CENTRAL GULF
THROUGH THU AS A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE EXTENDS NW ACROSS THE
- Tonight NW wind 5 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Thursday NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night NNW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday NNW wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night N wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday N wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE