NWS launches Spring Safety Campaign
Though much of the nation is still under a deep freeze, more typical spring weather is on the horizon, and with it the threat of severe weather, flooding and other hazards. As part of our effort to build a Weather-Ready Nation, NWS is launching its Spring Seasonal Safety Campaign, with information to help you know your risk, take action and be a Force of Nature this spring.
8NM WNW Metlakatla AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:52 am AKST Mar 2, 2015
Forecast Valid: 11am AKST Mar 2, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 8, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK INVERTED TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE WILL REMAIN ALONG THE
OUTER COAST OF SE AK ON MON AS HIGH PRESSURE CONTINUES TO BUILD
OVER NW CANADA. A WEATHER FRONT WILL MOVE NE INTO THE EASTERN
GULF MON NIGHT THEN ONSHORE OVER THE PANHANDLE TUE AND WED.
- Today N wind around 10 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind around 15 kt becoming S in the evening. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE