Severe weather expected for Upper Midwest on Wednesday
A potent storm system will bring a chance of severe thunderstorms to parts of the Upper Midwest on Wednesday and Wednesday night. Very large hail, damaging wind gusts, tornadoes and heavy rain are possible with these storms.
6NM SW Saxman AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:04 pm AKDT Sep 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7pm AKDT Sep 2, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 9, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA SURFACE RIDGE OVER THE EASTERN GULF AND SOUTHEAST ALASKA WILL
PERSIST THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT.
- Tonight NW wind around 10 kt. Areas of fog. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers. Areas of fog. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain, mainly after 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain before 1pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE after midnight. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE