Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest and New England
Two developing storm systems will bring heavy rain to opposite coasts of the U.S. on Wednesday, one affecting the Pacific Northwest and northern California and the other New England. There is a risk of flash flooding across both areas, with 2-4 inches of rainfall, with isolated higher amounts, possible by Thursday morning.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM SW Saxman AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:01 pm AKDT Oct 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKDT Oct 22, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW IN THE CENTRAL GULF WILL MOVE S INTO THE NE
PACIFIC BY THU. AN ATTACHED TROUGH ACROSS THE CENTRAL PANHANDLE
WILL MOVE NW TO CAPE SUCKLING BY WED NIGHT. A NEW WEAKER LOW
WILL DEVELOP SW OF HAIDA GWAII WED AFTERNOON AND MOVE N INTO THE
SE GULF BY LATE WED NIGHT.
- This Afternoon SE wind around 10 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 5 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Thursday SE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday SE wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday SE wind around 10 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Scattered showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered rain. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE