Significant threat for flash flooding continues across the southwestern U.S.; river flooding is also possible
Heavy precipitation continues to be forecast for much of the Southwest U.S. due to the remnants of Odile. The heaviest rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall through Friday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash flooding, as well as river flooding, will be a risk for many locations in this region.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM SW Saxman AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:51 pm AKDT Sep 17, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKDT Sep 17, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 24, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW WILL MOVE NE TO THE CENTRAL GULF THU...THEN
REACH THE NW GULF THU NIGHT. THE ASSOCIATED WEATHER FRONT WILL
MOVE ACROSS THE EASTERN GULF AND SE ALASKA THU AND THU NIGHT.
- Tonight SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday SE wind 20 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Rain. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday SE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain likely. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday SE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE