We need your feedback! Take our new, shorter survey
NWS is conducting research on how to better serve your needs. Please complete our annual customer satisfaction survey. We’ve shortened it from previous years to make it easier for you to share your opinions with us. The survey is available via the link below and the core section should only take about 10 minutes to complete. Details...
6NM SW Saxman AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:54 pm AKDT Sep 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 1am AKDT Sep 23, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisWEAK HIGH PRESSURE OVER SOUTHEAST ALASKA WILL MOVE INTO BRITISH
COLUMBIA MONDAY AS A LARGE AREA OF LOW PRESSURE ABOUT 600 NM
SOUTHWEST OF HAIDA GWAII DRIFTS NORTHEAST THROUGH TUESDAY.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night NW wind around 10 kt becoming SE after midnight. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE