Powerful nor'easter continues to affect areas across Northeast
The powerful nor'easter that brought moderate to heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions to the Northeast on Monday will continue to affect the region on Tuesday, with heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected from eastern Long Island to Maine as the system slowly moves to the northeast. Snow and strong winds will being tapering off from south to north Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM SW Saxman AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:01 am AKST Jan 27, 2015
Forecast Valid: 3pm AKST Jan 27, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 2, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEATHER SYSTEM AND ITS ASSOCIATED FRONTAL BAND WILL MOVE INTO
THE WESTERN GULF OF ALASKA TUESDAY AND THE FRONT WILL APPROACH
SOUTHEAST ALASKA PANHANDLE TUESDAY NIGHT.
- This Afternoon SE wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas around 5 ft.
- Thursday SE wind 10 to 20 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain before midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday SE wind around 20 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE