Severe weather possible for parts of central Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wed. afternoon and evening across portions of the central Plains, mainly across western Kansas into southern Nebraska. Large hail & damaging winds will be the main threats. Isolated wind and hail will also be possible over much of Missouri eastward into the Ohio Valley, with locally-strong wind gusts over the Northeast.
6NM SW Saxman AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:26 am AKDT Aug 27, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6am AKDT Aug 27, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 2, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE PANHANDLE WILL EXTEND
OVER THE NE GULF THROUGH WED. THE NEXT LOW WILL MOVE INTO THE
CENTRAL GULF THU.
- Today Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NW 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Scattered showers, mainly after 7am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain, mainly after 7pm. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Friday SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely, mainly before 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE after midnight. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE