Heavy rain forecast for Pacific Northwest this week
A cold front moving onshore along the Pacific Northwest and northern California coast will bring heavy rain to the region through the first part of the week. A second cold front expected to move onshore by late Tuesday, bringing additional rain and higher-elevation snow to the region.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM SE Craig AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:44 am AKDT Oct 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2pm AKDT Oct 20, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 26, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE ACROSS THE EASTERN GULF WILL MOVE NE
OVER THE PANHANDLE MON. A GALE FORCE LOW WILL MOVE INTO THE
SE GULF TUE WITH THE ASSOCIATED FRONT MOVING N ACROSS THE
PANHANDLE LATE MON NIGHT INTO TUE.
- This Afternoon SSW wind around 15 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm, then showers after 7pm. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind around 30 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Rain. Seas around 6 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind around 30 kt, with gusts as high as 45 kt. Rain. Seas around 6 ft.
- Wednesday ESE wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain likely. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night ESE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday ESE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE