Calm, but cold conditions move into eastern, southern U.S. behind storm
The late-season winter storm that brought snow and ice to parts of the eastern and southern U.S. has moved offshore and in its wake high pressure and arctic air will settle in. Temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal on Friday across these regions. Meanwhile, light snow showers are possible across parts of the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes.
7NM SSE Craig AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:42 am AKST Mar 6, 2015
Forecast Valid: 6am AKST Mar 6, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 12, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE PANHANDLE WILL FAVOR WEAK WINDS OVER THE
GULF AND INNER CHANNELS DURING FRIDAY. OUTLOOK. LOW PRESSURE
WILL USHER IN COLD AIR AND HIGHER WINDS SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.
- Today ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. Isolated showers before noon. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain after midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday S wind 10 to 20 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Saturday Night S wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday SSW wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night W wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain before midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday WSW wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow before noon, then a chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night WSW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming S after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday ENE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE