Flash flooding possible across parts of central Plains and Upper Midwest
Heavy rain is forecast from the central Plains into the Upper Midwest and will bring a threat of flash flooding to these regions Thursday into Friday. The heaviest rain on Thursday is expected from northern Kansas across eastern Nebraska, Iowa and southeastern Minnesota into Wisconsin.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM SE Craig AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:05 am AKDT Aug 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am AKDT Aug 28, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 3, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW PUSHES INTO THE CENTRAL GULF BY THU AND SLOWLY MOVES
EASTWARD...ELONGATING ALONG THE PANHANDLE THU NIGHT. THE LOW
WEAKENS AND SLOWLY MOVES SOUTHEASTWARD FRI.
- Today S wind 5 to 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Tonight SSE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 1am. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Friday SSE wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday Night S wind 10 to 20 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Saturday WSW wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night WSW wind around 10 kt becoming S after midnight. Scattered showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday S wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 7am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night S wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Labor Day SSW wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE