Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
Widespread thunderstorm activity is expected to develop on Thursday along a cold front moving eastward across the plains into the Mississippi Valley. A potential for damaging wind gusts will develop with the stronger thunderstorms. Hail will also be possible in the ArkLaTex and Ozarks.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM SE Craig AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:27 pm AKDT Oct 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3am AKDT Oct 2, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 8, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW WILL MOVE NORTH ACROSS THE GULF THURSDAY AND
- Overnight ESE wind around 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday SE wind 25 to 30 kt increasing to 30 to 35 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 50 kt. Rain, mainly after 1pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 5 to 7 ft.
- Thursday Night S wind 25 to 30 kt decreasing to 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 6 ft subsiding to 3 ft.
- Friday S wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday Night S wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday S wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night S wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday S wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night WSW wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE