Severe weather possible for parts of northern Plains and Mid-Atlantic
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon and evening across parts of the northern Plains, from eastern Montana across extreme northwestern South Dakota and into western and central North Dakota, as well as parts of the Mid-Atlantic, from extreme northern South Carolina across much of North Carolina and into extreme southern Virginia.
11NM SE Craig AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:26 am AKDT Jul 24, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am AKDT Jul 24, 2014-6pm AKDT Jul 30, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL REMAIN OVER THE GULF OF AK THROUGH
THE WEEKEND. A STRONG WEATHER FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE EASTERN
GULF THU NIGHT AND ONSHORE INTO THE PANHANDLE FRI THEN STALL
THROUGH THE WEEKEND.
- Today SW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain before 1pm, then a chance of showers after 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight SSE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Rain likely. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE