A stalled frontal boundary and ample monsoonal moisture will lead to flash flood potential from the Great Basin to the Great Plains tonight and Tuesday
A stalled frontal boundary will set up along the southern and central Rockies for the next couple of days providing focus for showers and thunderstorms. In addition, ample monsoonal moisture will stream in across the southwest bringing enough moisture to introduce a flash flood threat from the Great Basin and Southwest eastward across the central and southern Rockies into the adjacent Plains.
11NM SE Craig AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:21 pm AKDT Jul 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3am AKDT Jul 29, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 4, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisWEAK LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE NORTH UP THE COAST OF SE AK THROUGH
TUESDAY. MEANWHILE...A DEEPER AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL REMAIN
CENTERED OVER THE NORTHERN GULF. BY TUESDAY NIGHT...HIGH
PRESSURE WILL BUILD NORTH OVER THE PANHANDLE AND THE GULF LOW
WILL MOVE WESTWARD.
- Overnight ESE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday SSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night S wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 7pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE