Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest and New England
Two developing storm systems will continue to bring heavy rain to opposite coasts of the U.S. on Thursday. One system is affecting the Pacific Northwest and northern California while the other affects New England. There is a risk of flash flooding across parts of New England on Thursday where Flash Flood Watches are in effect.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM SSE Craig AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:31 am AKDT Oct 23, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6am AKDT Oct 23, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK LOW W OF HAIDA GWAII WILL MOVE W THROUGH THE DAY AND MERGE
WITH A SECOND LOW IN THE N PACIFIC. THE RESULTING SYSTEM WILL
ROTATE E AND BECOME NEARLY STATIONARY OFF THE COAST OF HAIDA GWAII
- Today SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tonight ESE wind around 15 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday ESE wind around 20 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday Night ESE wind around 20 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 4 ft.
- Saturday E wind 15 to 20 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday E wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE