Flash flooding possible across southern Plains through early Thursday
A wet weather system continues across the southern U.S., with abundant moisture bringing heavy rain and a risk of flash flooding to parts of the southern Plains through early Thursday. The heaviest rain will fall across Oklahoma into western Arkansas. The flash flood threat should diminish later Thursday, as the system weakens over Texas.
11NM E Pop Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:55 pm AKDT Jul 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKDT Jul 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL CONTINUE TO SPREAD NORTHWARD ACROSS THE
PANHANDLE THROUGH THURSDAY WHILE LOW PRESSURE SHIFTS
SOUTHWESTWARD OVER THE GULF.
- Tonight SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE in the evening. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW in the morning. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE in the evening. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE