Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest and New England
An active weather pattern will continue across the Pacific Northwest on Friday, where an onshore flow will usher in moisture from the Pacific Ocean, resulting in another inch or two of rain across the region. Meanwhile, the coastal storm making its way up the Northeast coast will finally begin to pull away on Friday, but heavy rain is still possible through Friday morning in parts of New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM E Pop Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 11:40 pm AKDT Oct 23, 2014
Forecast Valid: 1am AKDT Oct 24, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 30, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAKENING LOW WILL STALL ABOUT 150NM W OF HAIDA GWAII THU
NIGHT. A WEAK BROAD TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE WILL EXTEND NW AND SE
FROM THE LOW OVER THE GULF OF ALASKA AND NE PACIFIC THROUGH FRI.
- Overnight NE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely, mainly after 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Scattered showers before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NE wind around 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NE wind around 20 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE