Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. this weekend
A Pacific storm system will continue to impact the West Coast through Sunday. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding, as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. At higher elevations, strong winds and heavy snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM E Pop Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:53 pm AKST Dec 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3pm AKST Dec 20, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 26, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE FRONT AND AN ASSOCIATED LOW CENTER WILL MOVE NORTH
ACROSS THE EASTERN GULF THROUGH SATURDAY THEN CONTINUE TOWARDS
PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND BY SUNDAY MORNING.
- This Afternoon NE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SW after midnight. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind around 10 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Showers likely, mainly before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NE wind 5 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SW wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE