Flooding Rains Continue to Threaten the Southwest, Southern Plains
Heavy rain is soaking much of southern and central New Mexico and Texas Thursday as the remnants of Odile moving into the southwestern United States. Up to four inches of rain has been reported in parts of New Mexico as of Thursday morning. Additional rainfall of two to four inches, with local amounts to six inches, can be expected through the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM NW Pop Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:35 am AKDT Sep 18, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am AKDT Sep 18, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 24, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW WILL MOVE NE TO THE CENTRAL GULF THU...THEN
REACH THE NORTHERN GULF THU NIGHT. THE ASSOCIATED WEATHER FRONT
WILL MOVE ACROSS THE EASTERN GULF AND SE ALASKA THU AND THU
NIGHT. OUTLOOK. ANOTHER GALE FORCE LOW WILL DEVELOP OFF DIXON
ENTRANCE EARLY SAT MORNING AND WILL TRACK NORTHWARD ON SAT.
- Today SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain before 7am, then a chance of rain after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE