Severe weather possible across parts of Southeast, New England
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Monday afternoon and evening across parts of the Southeast, from the coastal Carolinas across southern Georgia and into the central Gulf Coast. Damaging wind will be the primary threat. There is also a risk of severe thunderstorms over parts of New England, where damaging wind and large hail will be the main threats.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM E Point Louise AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:07 am AKDT Jul 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3pm AKDT Jul 28, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 3, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisWEAK LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE NORTH UP THE COAST OF SE AK THROUGH
TUESDAY. MEANWHILE...A DEEPER AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL REMAIN
CENTERED OVER THE NORTHERN GULF. BY TUESDAY NIGHT...HIGH
PRESSURE WILL BUILD NORTH OVER THE PANHANDLE AND THE GULF LOW
WILL MOVE WESTWARD.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE in the evening. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE