Winter weather returns to New England, wet weather in Southwest
A fast-moving clipper system will bring snow across much of New England on Friday. The heaviest snow is expected across Maine, New Hampshire and eastern Massachusetts. Snowfall totals will be much less than what the nor'easter earlier this week brought, with less than six inches forecast for most areas. Meanwhile, wet weather will prevail across parts of the Southwest into the weekend.
3NM ESE Point Louise AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:51 am AKST Jan 30, 2015
Forecast Valid: 7am AKST Jan 30, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 5, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL EXIT EAST AWAY FROM HAIDA GWAII
FRIDAY AFTERNOON. STRONG HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN BUILD OVER
NORTHWESTERN CANADA THROUGH THE WEEKEND.
- Today NE wind 5 to 15 kt. A chance of snow before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday ENE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night ENE wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. A chance of snow after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday ENE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Snow likely, mainly after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night E wind around 15 kt. Snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NE wind around 15 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NE wind around 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NE wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE