Much needed precipitation continues across the Southwest; central and eastern U.S. prepare for more winter weather
Widespread and much-needed precipitation across the Southwest will begin to spread into the Plains through Saturday. As the moisture encounters an Arctic airmass dropping down through the north-central U.S., moderate to heavy snow is expected to develop across the Midwest Saturday and then move into portions of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast on Sunday.
2NM E Hollis AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:13 am AKST Jan 31, 2015
Forecast Valid: 5am AKST Jan 31, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 6, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisSTRONG HIGH PRESSURE PERSISTS OVER NORTHWESTERN CANADA THROUGH
THE WEEKEND. A WEATHER FRONT WILL MOVE N INTO THE FAR SOUTHERN
GULF BY SAT EVENING...THEN WEAKEN THERE ON SUN.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming N 5 to 10 kt after midnight. A chance of rain, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain before midnight, then a chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SE wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE