Severe weather possible across parts of New York state and New England
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon across parts of upstate New York and into northern New England. Isolated large hail and locally-damaging wind gusts will be the main threats with any storms that develop.
4NM E Hollis AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:21 pm AKDT Jul 31, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKDT Jul 31, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BE POSITIONED OVER THE EASTERN GULF THROUGH
SATURDAY MORNING...WHILE A LOW REMAINS STATIONARY OVER THE
WESTERN AND CENTRAL GULF.
- This Afternoon NW wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NW wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NW 5 to 10 kt in the morning. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE