Severe Thunderstorms Possible Texas Gulf Coast to Louisiana This Afternoon into Tonight
Primary threats in these areas are damaging wind gusts and a tornado or two. Elsewhere, freezing rain is possible across parts of the northeast. A storm system moving into the intermountain west will spread heavy rain across parts of northern California, Oregon and Washington. Heavy snow and high wind will impact the higher elevations of the Sierra, Cascades and northern Rocky Mountain States.
4NM E Hollis AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:39 am AKST Nov 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9am AKST Nov 22, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE WILL PERSIST OVER THE WESTERN GULF THROUGH
MONDAY...WHILE A SECOND AREA OF LOW PRESSURE APPROACHES THE
SOUTHEASTERN GULF SUNDAY NIGHT.
- Today SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SE wind around 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind around 10 kt. Showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NW 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Showers likely, mainly before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE