Severe Storms and Heavy Rain Possible Later This Afternoon Into Tonight
A few severe storms with damaging winds and large hail are expected later today from parts of Illinois into lower Michigan. A somewhat longer-duration severe storm threat is expected this afternoon into tonight from the Kansas/Oklahoma border region into southern Missouri, where a couple tornadoes will also be possible.
4NM E Hollis AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:02 am AKDT Sep 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2pm AKDT Sep 1, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 7, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA SURFACE RIDGE WILL BUILD OVER THE CENTRAL GULF AND MOVE EAST
OVER THE PANHANDLE TUESDAY AND PERSIST INTO MIDWEEK.
- Labor Day NW wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely, mainly between 7pm and 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers before 7am. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE