The flash flooding threat shifts slightly east on Friday while both coasts and Hawaii continue high surf issues due to tropical systems
The potential for heavy rainfall and flash flooding will shift east on Friday across parts of the Upper Midwest into the eastern Great Lakes. Meanwhile, portions of both the East and West Coasts, as well as Hawaii, will continue to have high surf and rip current potential due to Hurricane Cristobal and Tropical Storm Marie respectively. Caution should be used on area beaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM E Hollis AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:24 pm AKDT Aug 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10pm AKDT Aug 28, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 4, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW OVER THE CENTRAL GULF WILL MOVE INTO THE EASTERN GULF
100 NM SW OF SITKA BY FRI AFTERNOON. A WEATHER FRONT WILL PUSH
NORTHWARD ACROSS THE PANHANDLE THROUGH FRI.
- Tonight SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind around 15 kt. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SE wind around 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly between 7am and 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Scattered rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Labor Day SSE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SSE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE