Winter weather returns to New England, wet weather in Southwest
A fast-moving clipper system will bring snow across much of New England on Friday. The heaviest snow is expected across Maine, New Hampshire and eastern Massachusetts. Snowfall totals will be much less than what the nor'easter earlier this week brought, with less than six inches forecast for most areas. Meanwhile, wet weather will prevail across parts of the Southwest into the weekend.
5NM N Caamano Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 12:44 pm AKST Jan 30, 2015
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKST Jan 30, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 5, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisSTRONG HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER NORTHWESTERN CANADA THROUGH
THE WEEKEND. A WEATHER FRONT WILL MOVE N TO THE FAR SOUTHERN
GULF BY SAT EVENING...THEN WEAKEN THERE SUN.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming E in the evening. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NE wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night E wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of snow after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday ESE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of snow before noon, then rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NE wind around 10 kt. Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE