More tranquil weather across much of the Country during the weekend with milder temperatures in the East
Following the widespread winter storm across a large portion of the U.S. earlier this week, more tranquil weather can be expected as we head into the weekend. Temperatures across the eastern U.S. are expected to increase each day through the weekend and should get closer to normal by Monday. Under a strong upper ridge, the West will enjoy mild weather with little chance of precipitation.
5NM N Caamano Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:14 pm AKST Mar 6, 2015
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKST Mar 6, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 13, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA STRONG LOW WILL MOVE ACROSS THE AK INTERIOR TOWARD THE AK GULF
THROUGH SAT EVENING USHERING IN COLD AIR AND HIGHER WINDS
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain, mainly after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely before midnight, then a chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE