Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. this weekend
A Pacific storm system will continue to impact the West Coast through Sunday. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding, as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. At higher elevations, strong winds and heavy snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM N Caamano Point AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:53 pm AKST Dec 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9pm AKST Dec 20, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAKENING LOW WILL MOVE NORTHWEST TO NEAR PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND
SAT NIGHT. A SECOND WEAK LOW WILL BE MOVING EAST ACROSS THE
SOUTHERN GULF AND INTO THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE SUN.
- Tonight SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE