Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist and Breezy
- Wind SpeedSE 24 G 41 mph
- Barometer29.67 in (1004.8 mb)
- Dewpoint44°F (7°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill36°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Ketchikan International Airport (PAKT)
Lat: 55.35°N Lon: 131.7°W Elev: 76ft.
6 Miles N Loring AK
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain before noon, then scattered showers after noon. High near 45. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Tonight Showers likely, mainly after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 35. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Thursday Rain. High near 41. Northeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Thursday Night Rain. Low around 34. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Friday Rain. High near 42. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Friday Night Showers likely before midnight, then rain likely after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Rain. High near 40. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Rain. Cloudy, with a high near 39.
- Sunday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Monday Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 42.
- Monday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Tuesday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Inner Channels, AK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE