Significant threat for flash flooding continues across the southwestern U.S.
Heavy precipitation continues to be forecast for much of the Southwest U.S. this week due to the remnants of weakening Tropical Storm Odile. The heavy rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall through Friday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash Flood Watches remain in effect for much of this area.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
17NM NNE Point Louise AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:51 pm AKDT Sep 17, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6pm AKDT Sep 17, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 24, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW WILL MOVE NE TO THE CENTRAL GULF THU...THEN
REACH THE NW GULF THU NIGHT. THE ASSOCIATED WEATHER FRONT WILL
MOVE ACROSS THE EASTERN GULF AND SE ALASKA THU AND THU NIGHT.
- Tonight S wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday S wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SW wind around 15 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night S wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday S wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night S wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE