Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening for parts of the central Plains and mid-Mississippi Valley, including parts of southern Nebraska and eastern Kansas, northern Oklahoma and western Missouri. Thunderstorms with large hail, locally-damaging wind and a tornado or two are likely across these areas.
17NM NNE Point Louise AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 12:43 pm AKDT Oct 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 1pm AKDT Oct 1, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 7, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW WILL MOVE NORTH OVER THE GULF THURSDAY AND
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NE wind 5 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain likely after 1pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind around 15 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE