Relatively quiet weather pattern over much of the U.S.
A quieter weather pattern will continue to set up for most of the U.S. as arctic air continues to surge southward behind a cold front sweeping across the Southeast U.S. Expect temperatures to be 10 to 30 degrees below climate averages from the southern Plains to the Northeast on Friday.
12NM NNE Point Louise AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:48 pm AKST Mar 5, 2015
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKST Mar 5, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 12, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE OVER THE AK GULF WILL SHIFT TO THE
EAST THROUGH FRI. WEAK WINDS WILL DOMINATE THE EASTERN GULF AND
INNER CHANNELS ON FRI. OUTLOOK. A STRONG LOW WILL USHER IN COLD
AIR AND HIGHER WINDS FOR THE WEEKEND.
- Tonight SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Snow showers likely before noon, then scattered rain showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered snow showers before noon, then scattered rain showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely before midnight, then snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Snow before noon, then rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SW wind 5 to 15 kt increasing to 15 to 25 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 kt. Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SW wind around 10 kt. Snow showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SW wind around 15 kt. Snow showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE