Storm system to bring winter weather from the Plains to New England through Monday
A storm system spinning over the central U.S. will set the stage for a widespread precipitation event across the central and eastern U.S. through Monday. A wide swath of accumulating snow will extend from Nebraska to New England. Just to the south of this area of snow, marginal temps will lead to the possibility of a transition zone of sleet and freezing rain.
12NM NNE Point Louise AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:44 am AKST Feb 1, 2015
Forecast Valid: 3am AKST Feb 1, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 7, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisAN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL APPROACH THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE FROM
THE SOUTH THROUGH SUNDAY AS STRONG HIGH PRESSURE PERSISTS OVER
- Overnight ENE wind around 30 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NE wind 20 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Snow, mainly after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night E wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NE wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Snow likely, mainly before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NE wind around 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NE wind around 15 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NE wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE