Severe storms and heavy rain possible from parts of Plains to Great Lakes on Labor Day
Isolated severe thunderstorms are forecast to develop on Labor Day along and ahead of a cold front from parts of the southern Great Lakes southwestward across Illinois and Missouri into southeast Kansas. Damaging winds, large hail and heavy rainfall will be possible with these storms.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM SSE Naukati Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:15 pm AKDT Aug 31, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am AKDT Sep 1, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 7, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA SURFACE RIDGE WILL BUILD OVER THE CENTRAL GULF AND MOVE EAST
OVER THE PANHANDLE TUESDAY AND PERSIST INTO MIDWEEK.
- Overnight WSW wind around 10 kt. Showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Labor Day W wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms before 7pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm between 7pm and 1am, then a slight chance of showers after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SW wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SW wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE