Chance of severe thunderstorms in the Plains on Friday
Scattered strong to severe storms will be possible from northeast Colorado and northwest Kansas into Nebraska Friday afternoon and evening, then overnight across portions of the central and northern Plains. Large hail and strong wind gusts will be the primary threats, although a tornado cannot be ruled out.
5NM SSE Naukati Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:29 am AKDT Aug 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am AKDT Aug 22, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL PERSIST OVER THE EASTERN GULF FRI.
A WEAK LOW WILL MOVE INTO THE S CENTRAL GULF LATE FRI AFTERNOON
THEN DISSIPATE AS IT MOVES EAST FRI NIGHT. THE RIDGE OF HIGH
PRESSURE REBUILDS OVER THE EASTERN GULF SAT.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE