Heavy rain forecast for Pacific Northwest this week
A cold front moving onshore along the Pacific Northwest and northern California coast will bring heavy rain to the region through the first part of the week. A second cold front expected to move onshore by late Tuesday, bringing additional rain and higher-elevation snow to the region.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM N Naukati Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:42 pm AKDT Oct 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5pm AKDT Oct 20, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 26, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW IN THE CENTRAL GULF WILL MOVE NE INTO THE SE
GULF THROUGH TUE WHILE ITS ASSOCIATED WEATHER FRONT WILL PUSH
INTO THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE ON TUE. A RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE
EXTENDING NW ACROSS THE PANHANDLE WILL SHIFT E INTO BC LATE MON
- This Afternoon SSW wind around 10 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight ESE wind 10 to 20 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 7pm, then scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NE wind 25 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Rain, mainly after 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NE wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NE wind around 15 kt. Showers, mainly before 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night ENE wind around 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind around 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE