The flash flooding threat shifts slightly east on Friday while both coasts and Hawaii continue high surf issues due to tropical systems
The potential for heavy rainfall and flash flooding will shift east on Friday across parts of the Upper Midwest into the eastern Great Lakes. Meanwhile, portions of both the East and West Coasts, as well as Hawaii, will continue to have high surf and rip current potential due to Hurricane Cristobal and Tropical Storm Marie respectively. Caution should be used on area beaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM N Naukati Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:10 pm AKDT Aug 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKDT Aug 28, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 4, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW OVER THE CENTRAL GULF WILL MOVE INTO THE EASTERN GULF
100 NM SW OF SITKA BY FRI AFTERNOON. A WEATHER FRONT WILL PUSH
NORTHWARD ACROSS THE PANHANDLE THROUGH FRI.
- Tonight SW wind around 15 kt becoming NE in the evening. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SW wind around 15 kt becoming NE in the morning. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NE in the evening. Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE in the afternoon. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Labor Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE