Heavy rain possible along the Central Gulf Coast by Friday Night
A winter storm will move out of the Rocky Mountain states and Great Plains Friday. Winter Storm Warnings and Winter Weather Advisories will remain in effect. As it moves east, this system will pick up Gulf moisture and bring heavy rain and thunderstorms to the central Gulf Coast late Friday. These will persist into Saturday, when some thunderstorms could contain strong and damaging wind gusts.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM N Naukati Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:48 am AKST Dec 26, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9am AKST Dec 26, 2014-6pm AKST Jan 1, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW MOVES INTO THE SOUTHEASTERN GULF FROM THE SW ON FRI. THIS
LOW MOVES ACROSS THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE FRI NIGHT WHILE HIGH
PRESSURE DEVELOPS OVER THE EASTERN GULF AND PERSISTS THROUGH
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers, mainly after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight E wind around 10 kt becoming NW after midnight. Rain, mainly before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming N in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NNE wind 5 to 10 kt. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NE wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NE wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NE wind around 10 kt. Cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE