Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist and Windy
- Wind SpeedSE 31 G 40 mph
- Barometer29.94 in (1014.1 mb)
- Dewpoint46°F (8°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill38°F (3°C)
Current conditions at
Ketchikan International Airport (PAKT)
Lat: 55.35°N Lon: 131.7°W Elev: 76ft.
9 Miles ENE Bell Island Hot Springs AK
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 40. Southwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tonight Rain before midnight, then rain and snow. The rain and snow could be heavy at times. Low around 34. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Wednesday Showers. High near 41. Southwest wind 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain showers likely before midnight, then snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Thursday Rain. High near 39. Northeast wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Thursday Night Snow. Low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Friday Rain. High near 39. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Friday Night Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Saturday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 38.
- Saturday Night Snow. Cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Sunday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Sunday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Monday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Misty Fjords, AK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE