Severe weather possible for parts of northern Plains and mid/upper Mississippi River Valley
Severe thunderstorms are expected across portions of the northern Plains and upper Mississippi Valley Wednesday. Large hail and damaging winds will be the main threats with these storms, but a tornado or two could occur as well. Other strong to severe storms may occur from late afternoon into the overnight hours from the middle Mississippi Valley into the lower Ohio Valley.
9NM W Coffman Cove AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:44 am AKDT Aug 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am AKDT Aug 20, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 26, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM OVER THE FAR SOUTHERN GULF WILL DRIFT SE
THROUGH WED. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE CENTRAL GULF FROM
THE W WED AFTERNOON INTO THU.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Areas of fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Areas of fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE