Unsettled weather to continue today across the northern Plains and Midwest; severe weather possible Tuesday along Gulf Coast
Unsettled weather will continue today over the Northern Plains and Upper Midwest where wintry precipitation is forecast, with several inches of snow from South Dakota eastward into Minnesota and northern Michigan. A well-defined cold front will advance eastward with showers and storms developing along and ahead of it. Some storms along the Gulf Coast could become severe on Tuesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM W Coffman Cove AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:54 pm AKST Dec 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKST Dec 22, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA STORM FORCE LOW WILL MOVE IN THE SOUTHEAST GULF MONDAY NIGHT
AND CONTINUE NORTHEAST OVER PRINCE OF WALES ISLAND TUESDAY
- This Afternoon NE wind around 10 kt. Isolated showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NE wind around 15 kt. Rain, mainly after midnight. Patchy fog before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NNW after midnight. Rain likely before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW in the morning. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Christmas Day SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind around 10 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE