Significant threat for flash floods in the Southwest U.S. this week
Heavy precipitation is expected over portions of the Southwest U.S. this week due to the remnants of weakening Tropical Storm Odile. The heavy rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall by Thursday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash Flood Watches are in effect for much of this area.
9NM W Coffman Cove AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:40 am AKDT Sep 16, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2pm AKDT Sep 16, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 22, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK WEATHER FRONT OVER THE NORTHERN HALF OF THE PANHANDLE
WILL DISSIPATE AS IT DRIFTS SE THROUGH TUE. HIGH PRESSURE OVER
THE GULF WILL DRIFT OVER THE PANHANDLE TUE NIGHT AS A WEATHER
SYSTEM MOVES INTO THE W CENTRAL GULF. OUTLOOK. A STRONG LOW AND
FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE GULF WED NIGHT AND THU.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain, mainly after 7pm. Areas of fog after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of rain before 1pm. Areas of fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE after midnight. Rain likely after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind around 15 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SW wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NE wind around 10 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE