Flash flooding possible across parts of central Plains and Upper Midwest
Heavy rain is forecast from the central Plains into the Upper Midwest and will bring a threat of flash flooding to these regions Thursday into Friday. The heaviest rain on Thursday is expected from northern Kansas across eastern Nebraska, Iowa and southeastern Minnesota into Wisconsin.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
9NM W Coffman Cove AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:05 am AKDT Aug 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am AKDT Aug 28, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 3, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW PUSHES INTO THE CENTRAL GULF BY THU AND SLOWLY MOVES
EASTWARD...ELONGATING ALONG THE PANHANDLE THU NIGHT. THE LOW
WEAKENS AND SLOWLY MOVES SOUTHEASTWARD FRI.
- Today SW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain after 1pm. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NE in the evening. Rain, mainly after 7pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind around 15 kt. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NE wind around 10 kt becoming SW after midnight. Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Labor Day SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE