Threat of flash flooding continues on Sunday for the Southern Plains, the Southwest, and Inter-Mountain West
High levels of moisture still remain in parts of New Mexico and Texas, as well as portions of the Inter-Mountain West on Sunday. This will continue the threat of locally heavy rainfall and flash flooding. Isolated locations could receive 1 to 2 inches of additional rainfall on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM ENE Deer Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:08 am AKDT Sep 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11am AKDT Sep 21, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA STORM FORCE LOW WILL DEVELOP OVER THE SOUTHEASTERN GULF OF
ALASKA EARLY SUN AND WILL MOVE NORTH ALONG 140 WEST AND ONSHORE
INTO THE YUKON BY MONDAY MORNING. A SOUTH FETCH WILL PERSIST
OVER THE EASTERN GULF ON MON.
- Today SE wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Showers, mainly before 1am. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers, mainly after 7am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Scattered showers before 7am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night NW wind around 15 kt becoming SE in the evening. Cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely after 7am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE