Heavy rain possible for the northern Rockies & Plains; severe storms for the Northern Plains
An unseasonably strong storm system in the northwest U.S. will bring showers and thunderstorms, with locally heavy rainfall, to the northern Rockies and northern Plains. Isolated flash floods will be possible in these areas. Some storms could become severe in parts of the Dakotas into Minnesota, with large hail and damaging winds. In addition, temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average.
11NM WNW Thoms Place AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:52 am AKDT Aug 23, 2014
Forecast Valid: 12pm AKDT Aug 23, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK TROUGH OVER THE CENTRAL PANHANDLE WILL SHIFT SE OF THE
AREA THROUGH SAT AFTERNOON. A RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL
REBUILD OVER THE EASTERN GULF BEHIND THE TROUGH THEN OVER THE
PANHANDLE BY SUN. A FRONT THEN MOVES INTO THE EASTERN GULF FROM
THE WEST SUN.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers before 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after 1pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night NW wind 5 to 15 kt becoming SE in the evening. Rain, mainly after 7pm. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Monday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE