Heavy lake-effect snow continues across lower Great Lakes
Another round of heavy lake-effect snow is forecast for the Great Lakes through mid-day Friday. An additional 30 inches or more could fall in some locations, on top of the impressive amounts that have fallen already. This will result in very difficult or nearly impossible travel at times in the heaviest snow bands. The snow should taper off during the morning on Friday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
14NM NNE Thoms Place AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:50 am AKST Nov 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 12pm AKST Nov 20, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 26, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK LOW OVER THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE AND HAIDA GWAII WILL
WEAKEN FURTHER AND MOVE SLOWLY EAST THU. A NEW STRONGER LOW
PRESSURE TROUGH WILL MOVE INTO THE EASTERN GULF THURSDAY EVENING
AND PROCEED INTO THE PANHANDLE ON FRIDAY.
- This Afternoon E wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE