We need your feedback! Take our new, shorter survey
NWS is conducting research on how to better serve your needs. Please complete our annual customer satisfaction survey. We've shortened it from previous years to make it easier for you to share your opinions with us. The survey is available via the link below and the core section should only take about 10 minutes to complete.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
14NM NNE Thoms Place AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:03 pm AKDT Sep 19, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKDT Sep 19, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 26, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW OVER THE NW GULF WILL WEAKEN THROUGH FRI NIGHT THEN
DISSIPATE SAT. A STRONG LOW WILL MOVE N INTO THE FAR SE GULF
LATE FRI NIGHT...THEN GO INLAND ACROSS THE CENTRAL PANHANDLE
SAT. THE ASSOCIATED FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS MOST OF THE PANHANDLE
SAT BUT STALL OVER FAR SOUTHERN PANHANDLE BY SAT AFTERNOON.
OUTLOOK. ANOTHER STRONG LOW WILL MOVE N INTO THE GULF SUN.
- Tonight SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SE wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain, mainly before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain, mainly after 7pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE