Unsettled weather moving into the western and central U.S.
Increasing moisture and colder air will filter into the Pacific Northwest Friday and into
Saturday. Expect rain to start near the coast and then begin to spread steadily to the south and east into the interior mountains as snow Friday into Saturday. Enough moisture will be pushed eastward to also see snow in the central and southern Rockies and adjacent Plains Friday.
10NM NNE Thoms Place AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:39 am AKST Feb 27, 2015
Forecast Valid: 5am AKST Feb 27, 2015-6pm AKST Mar 5, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE ALONG THE OUTER PANHANDLE COAST WILL
DISSIPATE THROUGH FRI NIGHT AS HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE GULF EXPANDS
EASTWARD. A DEVELOPING LOW IN THE NORTHERN GULF ON SAT WILL MOVE SE
ACROSS THE EASTERN GULF AND PANHANDLE THROUGH SUN NIGHT.
- Today NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Rain likely, mainly before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SE wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE