A Wintry Mix of Precipiatation Will Cross the Great Lakes Thursday
Light to moderate precipitation will spread from the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley to the northeast and mid-Atlantic states Thursday and Friday. The unusually warm temperatures over the Great Plains will come to an end. The southwest and four corners states will become increasingly wet Thursday and Friday.
12NM SSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:44 pm AKST Jan 28, 2015
Forecast Valid: 4am AKST Jan 29, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 4, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisWEAK HIGH PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP OVER THE CENTRAL PANHANDLE AND
EASTERN GULF TONIGHT...WHILE AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE APPROACHES
- Overnight SE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Thursday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly before noon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain after noon. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE