Tropical Storm Bertha moving through northeastern Caribbean
The National Hurricane Center is currently monitoring Tropical Storm Bertha as it moves through the northeastern Caribbean, with maximum sustained winds of 50 mph. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, with Bertha expected to pass near Puerto Rico on Saturday, before eventually curving to the north and northeast, away from the U.S. mainland.
16NM SSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:26 pm AKDT Aug 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5pm AKDT Aug 1, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 7, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN OVER THE OUTSIDE WATERS
THROUGH SUN MORNING. A SERIES OF WEAK FRONTS WILL AFFECT THE
OFFSHORE AREAS THROUGH SUN. SEA BREEZES WILL AFFECT THE
IMMEDIATE COAST AND INSIDE WATERS ESPECIALLY DURING THE
AFTERNOONS AND EVENINGS.
- This Afternoon NW wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight NW wind around 10 kt. Clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday NW wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW in the morning. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE