Snow winding down in the Northeast; heavy rainfall in the Northwest
Happy Thanksgiving! Conditions will continue to improve throughout Thanksgiving Day across New England as the nor'easter moves away from the coast. Meanwhile, the Pacific Northwest will remain wet due to a series of Pacific storm systems. Flood Watches remain in effect for parts of Washington state through Friday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
16NM SSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:29 am AKST Nov 27, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11am AKST Nov 27, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 3, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE YUKON WILL DRIFT SE INTO BC THROUGH FRI.
STRONG OUTFLOW WINDS WILL CONTINUE INTO FRI.
- Thanksgiving Day SE wind around 15 kt. Sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight SE wind around 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday SE wind 5 to 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of snow after midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday SE wind around 10 kt. Snow likely, mainly before noon. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Snow likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE