Severe thunderstorms possible across parts of Texas and the Southeast into the weekend
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Friday afternoon and evening across parts of northwest TX into southern OK. On Saturday, the risk increases across parts of central TX and the TX Gulf Coast, with damaging winds and a few tornadoes possible. The risk decreases somewhat and moves to the Southeast on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
16NM SSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:04 am AKST Nov 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 12pm AKST Nov 21, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA NEW GALE FORCE FRONT WILL MOVE NE FROM THE EASTERN GULF INTO
THE PANHANDLE FRI. S TO SW ONSHORE FLOW BEHIND THE FRONT WILL
CONTINUE INTO THE WEEKEND.
- This Afternoon SSE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Showers. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday SE wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday SE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE