Severe thunderstorms forecast this evening into tonight
Scattered severe storms with wind and hail will occur this evening and tonight from the central Plains east-northeast to southern Lake Michigan. A cluster of severe storms is possible over the Black Hills region, and more isolated wind and hail storms may occur over interior portions of the Pacific Northwest.
16NM SSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:48 pm AKDT Jul 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am AKDT Jul 23, 2014-6pm AKDT Jul 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE WILL ENTER THE GULF TODAY THROUGH THURSDAY...WHILE
A RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE PERSISTS OVER THE PANHANDLE. A WEAK
FRONTAL BOUNDARY WILL MOVE EAST TOWARD THE COAST OF SOUTHEAST
ALASKA THIS AFTERNOON...AND THEN DISSIPATE BY TONIGHT.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday S wind around 10 kt. Isolated showers before 7am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE after midnight. A chance of rain after 1am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 7am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE