Marginal Risk of severe weather for central Texas
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a Marginal Risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon and evening across parts of central Texas. Large hail will be the main risk. Elsewhere, widely-scattered thunderstorms not expected to reach severe limits are possible surrounding the Marginal Risk area in Texas, as well as across the Ozarks and central Florida.
16NM SSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:27 pm AKDT Oct 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKDT Oct 30, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 5, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OVER THE NORTHERN GULF WILL SLOWLY WEAKEN THROUGH
FRIDAY. A FRONT EXTENDING FROM A LOW MOVING INTO THE BERING SEA
WILL CROSS THE AK GULF FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY.
- This Afternoon NW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE after midnight. Showers likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Showers likely. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Saturday SE wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday SE wind around 20 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas around 4 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 20 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 4 ft.
- Monday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE