Threat of flash flooding continues on Sunday for Southern Plains and Inter-Mountain West
High levels of moisture still remain in portions of the Southern Plains and Inter-Mountain West on Sunday. This will continue the threat of locally heavy rainfall for one more day. Isolated locations could receive 1-2 inches of additional rainfall on Sunday. The areal coverage of these storms should be less than previous days.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
16NM SSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:42 pm AKDT Sep 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7pm AKDT Sep 20, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL RAPIDLY DISSIPATE OVER THE NORTHERN
PANHANDLE TONIGHT. A STORM FORCE LOW WILL DEVELOP S OF THE
OFFSHORE WATERS EARLY SUN AND WILL MOVE TO OFF ICY BAY SUN
NIGHT. A SOUTH FETCH WILL PERSIST OVER THE EASTERN GULF ON MON.
- Tonight SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday SE wind 20 to 25 kt. Rain. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Monday SE wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 7am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE