Unsettled weather expected across parts of New England, central Plains and West
Three separate weather systems will bring unsettled weather to various parts of the country on Wed. A coastal system is spreading snow & freezing rain into northern New England. In the central US, heavy snow is expected for parts of the central Plains & mid-Miss. Valley. Meanwhile, a system moving onshore along the Pacific Coast will bring rain and mountain snow to Calif. & the Intermountain West.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
9NM SSE Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:41 pm AKST Dec 17, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5pm AKST Dec 17, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 23, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK FRONT IN THE SE GULF WILL GRADUALLY MOVE ONSHORE THIS
EVENING. A STORM FORCE LOW AND ASSOCIATED FRONTAL BOUNDARY WILL
ENTER THE SOUTHERN GULF ON THU ABSORBING THE WEAK FRONT. THE
STRONG FRONT WILL SPREAD HIGH WINDS AND SEA ACROSS THE GULF AND
SOUTHERN PANHANDLE THU.
- This Afternoon ENE wind around 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight E wind around 15 kt. Scattered snow showers after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday E wind around 20 kt. Rain, mainly after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE