Major nor'easter expected to bring heavy snow, blizzard conditions to Northeast
A storm system off the East Coast will continue to strengthen as it develops into a major nor'easter on Monday. As the storm moves up the coast, it is expected to bring snowfall of 1-3 feet or more to many parts of the Northeast through Tuesday evening, including New York City and Boston. Strong, gusty winds will combine with the snow to create blizzard conditions along and near the coast.
9NM SSE Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:39 pm AKST Jan 26, 2015
Forecast Valid: 5pm AKST Jan 26, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 1, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL BRUSH THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE
LATE MON INTO TUE AS AN ARCTIC FRONT STALLS OVER THE NORTHERN
PANHANDLE. LATE ON TUE A NEW LOW WILL ENTER THE GULF FROM THE
SOUTHWEST AND PERSIST THROUGH WED.
- This Afternoon NW wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SE wind 5 to 15 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE