Winds, elevation snow and moderate rainfall possible for portions of the Northwest
The next system over the Pacific will move onshore over the West Coast Thursday night into Friday morning bringing wind, elevation snow and moderate rain to the Pacific Northwest beginning Thursday evening. Travel and outdoor impacts will be felt across the western U. S. as the storm moves east through the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
12NM SSE Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:00 am AKDT Oct 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am AKDT Oct 30, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 5, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OVER THE EASTERN GULF WILL MOVE SLOWLY
NORTHWESTWARD ON THURSDAY INTO THE NORTHERN GULF. ON THURSDAY
NIGHT TROUGHING WILL EXTEND FROM THE NORTHERN GULF SOUTHEAST
THROUGH THE EASTERN GULF AND PANHANDLE.
- Today SE wind 15 to 20 kt becoming NW 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE