Significant threat for flash flooding continues across the southwestern U.S.
Heavy precipitation continues to be forecast for much of the Southwest U.S. this week due to the remnants of weakening Tropical Storm Odile. The heavy rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall through Friday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash Flood Watches remain in effect for much of this area.
17NM SW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:57 pm AKDT Sep 16, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKDT Sep 16, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 23, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE GULF WILL DRIFT OVER THE PANHANDLE TUE
NIGHT. A GALE FORCE LOW AND FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE GULF WED
EVENING AND THU.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Areas of fog after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of rain before 1pm. Areas of fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain, mainly after 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE