Ana moving away from main Hawaiian Islands
The Central Pacific Hurricane Center continues to monitor Tropical Storm Ana as it continues to move away from the main Hawaiian Islands. Maximum sustained winds are 70 miles per hour, with higher gusts. A Tropical Storm Warning and a Hurricane Watch are in effect for uninhabited regions of northwest Hawaii.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
21NM WSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:29 am AKDT Oct 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6am AKDT Oct 20, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 26, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE ACROSS THE EASTERN GULF WILL MOVE NE
OVER THE PANHANDLE MON. A GALE FORCE LOW WILL MOVE INTO THE SE
GULF TUE WITH THE ASSOCIATED FRONT MOVING N ACROSS THE PANHANDLE
LATE MON NIGHT INTO TUE.
- Today SE wind 15 to 20 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 7am. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tonight SSE wind around 15 kt becoming ESE after midnight. Showers likely. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Patchy fog before 7am. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Seas around 5 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind 10 to 20 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE