East Coast winter storm forecast to impact Thanksgiving holiday travel
A storm system will develop off the coast of the Carolinas early Wednesday and strengthen as it moves rapidly up the East Coast Wednesday into early Thursday. Heavy snow is likely to begin in the central Appalachians early Wednesday morning, spreading northeast through the interior Mid-Atlantic into New England by Wednesday night. Winter Storm Watches are in effect for these areas.
21NM WSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:03 pm AKST Nov 24, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5pm AKST Nov 24, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 30, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisAN AREA OF SLOWLY WEAKENING LOW PRESSURE NEAR KODIAK ISLAND WILL
MOVE EAST ACROSS THE NORTHERN GULF THROUGH TUESDAY.
- This Afternoon SE wind around 10 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely, mainly after midnight. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers before midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday SE wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE