Slight risk of severe weather on Sunday
The NWS Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Oklahoma expects a slight risk of severe for portions of the Central United States on Sunday. The area of greatest concern is in southern Minnesota, western Iowa, eastern Nebraska and northern Kansas. The primary threat for these locations will be large hail and damaging winds, however, a few isolated tornadoes are also possible.
21NM WSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:24 pm AKDT Aug 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3am AKDT Aug 31, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD ACROSS THE EASTERN GULF
AND PANHANDLE SAT EVENING AND REMAIN OVER SE AK THROUGH EARLY
SUN MORNING. A DEVELOPING LOW IN THE WESTERN GULF LATE SAT WILL
MOVE E INTO THE EASTERN GULF SUN MORNING.
- Overnight SE wind around 15 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday SE wind around 15 kt. Rain, mainly after 7am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Labor Day SE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Showers likely, mainly before 7pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind around 15 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NW after midnight. Scattered showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE