Unsettled weather to continue today across the northern Plains and Midwest; severe weather possible Tuesday along Gulf Coast
Unsettled weather will continue today over the Northern Plains and Upper Midwest where wintry precipitation is forecast, with several inches of snow from South Dakota eastward into Minnesota and northern Michigan. A well-defined cold front will advance eastward with showers and storms developing along and ahead of it. Some storms along the Gulf Coast could become severe on Tuesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
13NM SW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:19 am AKST Dec 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11am AKST Dec 22, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA FRONTAL TROUGH OVER THE PANHANDLE WILL SLOWLY WEAKEN AND SHIFT
TO THE NORTH THROUGH MONDAY WHILE A BROAD RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE
FORMS OVER THE INNER CHANNELS. A STRONG DEVELOPING GALE FORCE
LOW WILL MOVE NORTHEAST AND OVER PRINCE OF WALES ISLAND TUESDAY.
- Today SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Showers likely, mainly before noon. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt becoming NW in the evening. Rain before midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Christmas Day SE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain and snow likely. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Friday SE wind around 20 kt. Rain and snow likely. Seas around 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE