Flash flooding possible across parts of Midwest
Showers and thunderstorms ahead of a strong cold front moving across the Midwest on Friday are expected to produce rainfall rates of 1-2 inches per hour, creating a risk of flash flooding across parts of southern Minnesota and northern and central Iowa. The flash flooding risk will continue into Saturday and move eastward, into the Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
21NM WSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:59 pm AKDT Jul 24, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6am AKDT Jul 25, 2014-6pm AKDT Jul 31, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW WILL PERSIST IN THE NORTHERN GULF INTO NEXT WEEK. A
WEATHER FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE FRI AND
STALL THROUGH THE WEEKEND.
- Today SE wind 10 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Tonight SE wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE