Flash flooding possible across southern Plains
A wet weather system continues across the southern U.S., with abundant moisture brining heavy rain and a risk of flash flooding to parts of the southern Plains on Wednesday. The heaviest rain will fall across Oklahoma, though flood watches and warnings are in effect eastern Colorado to western Arkansas. The flash flood threat should diminish on Thursday, as the system weakens over Texas.
21NM WSW Scow Bay AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:31 am AKDT Jul 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10am AKDT Jul 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 5, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisAS LOW PRESSURE OVER THE GULF MOVES WESTWARD A RIDGE OF HIGH
PRESSURE CONTINUES TO BUILD OVER THE PANHANDLE TODAY. THE HIGH
PRESSURE RIDGE WILL THEN EXTEND OVER THE EASTERN GULF THROUGH
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Areas of fog after 1am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday NW wind around 10 kt. Areas of fog before 7am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night NW wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday NW wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE